Cedar Shake Siding
Cedar/shake siding offers unmatched beauty, surprising durability, and exceptional value. Some homeowners love the look of natural wood and are willing to do a little extra maintenance in order to enjoy real wood siding on their home. Many are surprised by how easy it is to maintain cedar and are happy to learn of its other benefits.
Wheaton Door & Window Company installs only top-rated siding from trusted manufacturers. With more than 250,000 completed projects, many industry awards, and long-standing accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, it’s easy to see why we’re the trusted choice for siding and other home improvements throughout the Mid-Atlantic area!
Benefits of Cedar Shake Siding
Some homeowners won’t even consider cedar shake siding replacement because they assume it will require constant maintenance. While this type of siding does require more upkeep than vinyl, it’s not as overwhelming as you might think. Here are a few things to keep in mind about cedar shake siding:
- Leaving it unstained will cause it to weather beautifully over time, and you won’t have to do much maintenance for unstained cedar siding.
- If you choose to stain it, you’ll just need to reapply stain every other year.
- Annual power washing is the only other maintenance required for stained or unstained cedar siding.
- Cedar is a lightweight wood with an open-cell structure. This structure makes it a natural insulator that can help trim your utility bills.
- Cedar siding is available in many styles, so it’s easy to find something to complement your home.
- Our cedar siding will last for decades, and it’s backed by impressive manufacturers’ warranties.
Stunning, Durable Cedar Shake Siding
Contact us for more information about our cedar shake siding, fiber cement siding, and other top-rated siding options. Call Wheaton Door & Window today to speak with a member of our team, or fill out our simple online form to schedule your free design consultation and estimate.