Most homeowners don’t need a new roof very often—maybe once or twice in a lifetime—so it’s understandable that they aren’t sure what to look for in a roofing contractor. Many get several bids, which is fine, but then they don’t look at much else except the price. However, there’s much more to consider if you want quality roofing that will provide the best performance and durability.
Wheaton Door & Window has provided homeowners in the Mid-Atlantic area with superior services and fair pricing since 1945. We’re committed to achieving 100% customer satisfaction, and that is reflected in our A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau and our many positive customer reviews.
What to Look for in a Roofing Company
When it’s time for a new roof or a roof repair, you might search the internet for “roofing contractors near me.” That’s a good starting point—as long as you’re armed with the right questions to ask. A pretty website doesn’t always equal a quality roof contractor. Here are some questions to ask along with the answers from our trusted roofing company:
- Are You Licensed in My State? Wheaton Door & Window is licensed in every state in which we work. We also carry full liability and workman’s comp insurance, and we’re happy to provide our license numbers and show you certificates upon request.
- How Many Years of Experience Do You Have? We have more than 70 years of experience and have completed more than 250,000 jobs for satisfied customers in Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
- Do You Subcontract Labor? We use in-house labor because that allows us to have better control of the quality of work provided to our customers.
- Do You Have Any Industry Affiliations? Yes! In addition to our Better Business Bureau accreditation, Wheaton Door & Window is proud to be a Platinum dealer for some of the top brands in the home improvement industry.
- What Type of Warranties Come with the Roof? We only work with manufacturers with proven reputations for excellence and that stand behind their products with impressive warranties. The length of the warranty will vary by product, so be sure to ask your roofing specialist for details.
- Can I Look at Reviews from Past Customers? Yes! We have reviews right here on our site, and we’d love for you to take a look at what past customers have had to say about our quality work.
- What is the Total Cost? When you get your estimate, ask if that is the price you’ll pay or if there are additional charges that could be added. Wheaton Door & Window provides transparent pricing, so you can make the most informed decision. We aren’t always the lowest-priced roofing company in town, but we offer the best value for your home improvement dollar.
Learn More about our Trusted Roofing Services
Contact us for more information about our roof installation, repair and other roofing services. Give Wheaton Door & Window Company a call today, or fill out our simple online form to schedule your free, no-obligation estimate.